History of Baratza
BARATZA™ (bah-’rah-tsa) suggests (from Arabic and Swahili) a place where locals gather to drink coffee.
Since its inception in 1999, Baratza has offered high-quality, state-of-the-art grinders for those who care about making the best coffees. Created by the dynamic team of Kyle Anderson and Kyra Kennedy, Baratza quickly become known as the company to turn to for innovation, quality, and consistency.
Baratza Company Goals:
- Support the Specialty Coffee Community: Our customers in the Specialty Coffee Community are knowledgeable and passionate about coffee, interested in learning and improving, and care about more than just the bottom line. We are proud to provide them with the innovative, quality grinders that continue to meet their needs.
- Continue to innovate and improve with every product. We are always striving to improve upon our products and services. Our innovations include:
- Macro/micro grind adjust system for fast and repeatable adjustment
- Portaholder to grind hands-free into a portafilter
- Baratza’s unique Grind by Weight System
- Provide excellent customer service: Our customers buy grinders so they can grind coffee fresh before they brew. This cannot happen if their grinder stops working. So, how do we get a working grinder in the hands of our customers with a problem as quickly as possible? We do this by offering:
- A quick and easy warranty–we will solve an issue over the phone or get you a working grinder quickly
- Easy-to-use trouble shooting guide
- Parts and instructions to fix your own grinders